Carnarvon Danger and Warnings
When travelling to Carnarvon in Western Australia, it is important to take note of personal security measures and potential dangers in the town. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Carnarvon has a relatively low crime rate, but travellers should still exercise caution and common sense when moving around the town.
- Be mindful of your belongings and always keep an eye on your personal items to avoid theft.
- Avoid walking alone at night, particularly in poorly lit areas.
- Be careful when swimming or surfing in the area, as strong currents and sharks have been known to frequent the beaches.
- Beware of extreme weather conditions in Carnarvon, particularly during cyclone season from November to April. Keep informed of warnings and updates from the Bureau of Meteorology.
In case of an emergency, dial 000 for Australian emergency services. The Carnarvon Police Station can be contacted on (08) 9941 1600 for non-emergency situations.
For further information and updates on safety and security in Carnarvon, please refer to the following Australian Government websites: